Manhattan Same-Sex Prenuptial Agreements
Marriage impacts your property rights and places life-long obligations both on you and your partner. When preparing for marriage, it is crucial to consult with a same-sex marriage attorney in Manhattan about a prenuptial agreement.
At the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, our same-sex prenuptial agreement attorneys can explain how to use a prenuptial agreement as a foundation for financial management during your marriage and the many protections a prenuptial agreement offers in the event of a divorce.
Our same-sex prenuptial agreement attorneys are:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of Manhattan prenuptial agreement law;
- Dedicated to protecting your present and future legal rights; and
- Skilled in negotiating and drafting prenuptial terms and agreements.
Contact the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark today for professional advice on creating your same- sex prenuptial agreement.
A Manhattan Same-Sex Prenuptial Agreement Attorney Can Help
Each spouse in a prenuptial agreement must be represented by their own attorney to ensure enforceability and validity in a Manhattan court. At the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, we take time to make sure your prenuptial agreement meets all necessary legal standards.
- Full disclosure of both your assets, income and debts and your future spouse’s; and
- Your thorough understanding of the prenuptial and any future ramifications it may have.
Getting married is one of the most significant decisions you will make in your life. Do not risk your financial future. Seek help from the experienced same-sex prenuptial attorneys at the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark.
Benefits of a New York Same-Sex Prenuptial Agreement
Prenuptial agreements are for anyone who desires to protect their premarital assets or property. These agreements help couples plan for the unexpected, divide financial responsibilities, and define expectations before marriage. Prenuptial agreements can create stronger financial and marital understanding for couples as they enter into their nuptials.
Same-sex prenuptial agreements can do the following and more:
- Define marital and separate property;
- Address the division of property in the event of a divorce;
- Protect family businesses;
- Protect inheritances;
- Protect assets such as pensions and real estate interests; and
- Protect an estate in the event of death.
Requirements in a Valid New York Same-Sex Prenuptial Agreement
Prenuptial agreements in New York must be properly executed by both parties to be valid and enforceable in New York state courts.
To be valid, a New York prenuptial agreement needs to:
- Be in writing;
- Each spouse must have been represented by their separate legal counsel;
- Be duly executed and executed voluntarily;
- Each spouse must have had the opportunity to make reasonable inquiries into the other’s assets and income;
- Each spouse must have indicated the agreement was fair and reasonable at the time of execution;
- Not be unconscionable, the result of duress or so one-sided that a reasonable person would not voluntarily have accepted the terms;
- Be notarized; and
- Be signed before the marriage occurs.
Contact an Experienced Manhattan Same-Sex Prenuptial Agreement Attorney
Marry with the assurance and peace of mind that you are prepared for your financial future. Contact the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark in Manhattan to discuss how a same-sex prenuptial agreement can allocate assets, debts, and alimony according to your wishes in the event of a divorce.