Brooklyn Domestic Violence Attorney
If you are afraid and need help obtaining orders of protection or help disproving false accusations of domestic violence, call the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C. Our family law attorneys are strong, confident advocates who stand beside those involved in domestic violence cases from start to finish.
At the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C., we have decades of experience in all areas of domestic violence and orders of protection. Our attorneys provide full-service legal counsel to residents of Brooklyn and the greater New York City area.
Let us create a personalized legal strategy on your behalf today. We will work to protect your safety, legal rights, and future. Contact us for a consultation.
Our Brooklyn domestic violence attorneys are:
- Caring and patient;
- Honest and trustworthy; and
- Goal-oriented and driven.
Let Our Brooklyn Attorneys Help You
The attorneys at the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C. will answer all of your legal questions about orders of protection. This includes how orders of protection might apply to family law matters you are currently facing or may come up against in the future.
We will also fill out and appropriately file all of the court documents associated with your orders of protection or domestic violence case, along with handling all other aspects of your domestic violence case.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Setting a hearing date;
- Procuring any needed temporary protection orders;
- Serving the other party;
- Interviewing witnesses for credibility;
- Representing or defending you at the permanency hearing;
- Proving or disproving any essential points at the hearing;
- Standing beside you in court for emotional and moral support;
- Organizing and presenting evidence;
- Providing law enforcement with any granted orders of protection;
- Advising you of any actions that the court may perceive as violations of an order of protection; and
- Potentially, filing for a change, extension, or cancellation of orders of protection.
Regardless of which side of a domestic violence case you are on, our Brooklyn domestic violence lawyers prepare and execute a game plan on your behalf, ensuring your point of view is expressed to the court in a legally sound way. At the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C., we want you to have a just and fair orders of protection hearing.
What Are Family Court Orders of Protection?
Family court orders of protection are civil court orders. A judge issues them to protect an individual from abuse, harassment, threatening behavior, and intimidation by a family member or someone they are in a close, intimate relationship with.
Who Qualifies for Family Court Orders of Protection?
To qualify for family court orders of protection, an individual must fall into one of the following relationship categories:
- A current or former spouse;
- An individual with whom there is a shared child;
- A family member related by blood or marriage; or
- Someone with whom there is or was an intimate relationship, not necessarily a sexual relationship.
What Can Family Court Orders of Protection Require?
Order of protection can require the offending person not to injure, threaten, or harass a family member or any other person listed in the orders. The orders may also direct the offending person to:
- Move from the home;
- Stay away from the spouse/former spouse and children;
- Follow child custody orders; and
- Relinquish any firearms.
Contact a Brooklyn Domestic Violence Lawyer
Often, orders of protection relate to family law disputes and are part of more significant family law cases. If you need help with orders of protection or any other family law matter, contact the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C. Our Brooklyn domestic violence lawyers will act confidently and capably on your behalf to confront any obstacles you may face.
You deserve a fair and just hearing and a law firm with the experience to take on the most complex domestic violence cases. Call the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C. today to discuss our many services and to schedule your orders of protection consultation and case review.