(212) 349-1600 Located: 370 Lexington Ave, Suite 901 New York, New York 10017 map

Child Support


NY Child Support Modifications

May 19, 2020
The separation or divorce of a couple with children is a life-changing event, but it’s probably not the only substantial change you will face. A job loss or a new job, remarriage, the birth of a new child or similar major events can all make it necessary to change the amount of child support...
Read More

Emancipated Minors and NY Child Support

February 4, 2020
Emancipation of a minor child can be obtained by court order if and when a child becomes financially self-sufficient, no longer lives with his or her parents, and/or is no longer under parental guidance or control. There are many reasons a minor may seek legal emancipation, including the following: Making a considerable income and...
Read More

What Happens When Child Support is Not Paid in New York?

November 12, 2019
Unfortunately, relationships do not always work out. When a couple decides to end their relationship, complications may arise – especially when there are children involved. However, whether a child’s parents get along or not, both parents are expected to support the child in New York. In this article, we will review what happens when...
Read More

How Child Support is Determined in New York

October 15, 2019
Many factors contribute to figuring out appropriate child support payments At first glance, determining child support payments may seem like the simplest aspect of the divorce. After all, there is a formula and a chart to help make the decisions. But any discussion of money can be stressful, and discussions of child support can...
Read More

What You Need to Know About New York Child Support Modification

July 2, 2019
When children are involved in a divorce, there is an obligation to ensure that they are financially taken care of until they are 21(or under 21 if they are in the military, married, or otherwise self-supporting, or if they have left the home). That obligation is child support. However, when there is “substantial change”...
Read More