At the Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, we support the hard work and sacrifices New York Police Department officers make on a daily basis. The men and women of the NYPD put their lives on the line for the people of New York and we want to show our support by offering their children a $1,500 college scholarship.
To apply, write a 500+ word essay on the impact being a child of an NYPD officer has had on your life: How it has influenced who you are, how you grew up, and the decisions that you’ve made.
The Law Office of Vivien I. Stark, P.C. will award one applicant a $1,500 scholarship.
The scholarship can be used for any school related expenses, such as tuition, boarding, school supplies or books.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Must have a parent who has been or is an NYPD officer
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Submission must be received by June 5, 2020
- Your submission (make sure to save a digital copy for your records)
- First and last name, email address, and phone number printed at the top of each page
- Statement or transcript of your GPA – unofficial transcripts accepted
- College or institution of attendance
- Evidence that you are the child of a parent who has been or is a current NYPD officer (pay stub, pension check and birth certificate or other identifying documents)
- There is no printed application, all necessary information is on this page
- Please send your submission and transcripts via email to: [email protected]
- We will not accept any CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or CVs
- There is no need to send the essay prompt with your submission